Friday, September 01, 2006

2 kanji for Friday 1st September 06: 仕 & 代

I'm thinking of upping it to 3 (or maybe 4) kanji each day since all of these kanji are already known - or should be! - and therefore covering more vocab as well...

---------------


SERVE, DO

シ、ジ
to serve, to work for

つか・える
---------------
仕事
し・ごと work, occupation
仕事場
し・ごと・ば
place where one works

仕上げる

し・あ・げる to finish up, to complete

... struggling for examples. Anybody got any others, email me and I'll edit the post! Cheers.

---------------


SUBSTITUTE, GENERATION

ダイ、タイ
to substitute, to take the place of
か・わる

---------------

世代
せ・だい age. generation
代金
だい・きん cost, price, the bill
時代

じ・だい period, era

現時代 

げん・じ・だい the present era, now

江戸時代

え・ど・じ・だい Edo period - first person to email me the correct dates of the Edo period wins a rare mystery prize...
ほな、マット。
デイブからもう一つの例文。。。
90年代
90・ねん・だい the 90's. Personally I preferred the 80年代!

2 Comments:

At 10:01 pm , Blogger Dave Hoggan said...

マットさん、こんばんは。

仕度する --> to prepare

例文: マットくん、日本語能力試験に備えて仕度してください。

90年代 --> the 90's

90年代の音楽が好きですが80年代の音楽のほうが革新的だと思います。

 
At 12:12 pm , Blogger Dave Hoggan said...

Oh yeah, I can't resist...

Edo Period 1868-1912
Edo Restoration 1866-1869

Sadly, I still remember....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home