Monday, May 15, 2006

Kanji 239 - 242

I've actually still been learning loads of kanji, but haven't had the time to update the blog - this stuff takes longer than you'd think... Besides I've had to use my work pc for work these last few days :-)

My vocab is still very poor, so my goal for the next 4 weeks is not so much learn every kanji and all its readings, but rather learn the applications of the kanji in question... I mean how often are kanji used on their own?? Fairly rare I've been finding out



メン
Exempt
まぬは・れる
to be exempted from, to be released from
e.g.
特免
とく・めん special exemption
免許
めん・きょ license, permit



Value
ね、あたい
price, value, cost, merit, worth
e.g.
高値
たか・ね high price
値上げ
ね・あ・げ price hike


タイ、ツイ
Opposite, oppose
e.g.
対辺
たい・へん opposite side
対談
たい・だん talk, interview


サツ
Inspect, guess
e.g.
警察
けい・さつ police. police station
察する
さ・っする to guess, judge

I'll update with examples once I've got some more free time...

2 Comments:

At 9:26 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

免れる) まぬが・れる not まぬは・れる
責任を免れる。せき・にん・を・まぬが・れる

値 price・・・ Matt price?!

 
At 1:12 pm , Blogger Matt Price said...

はい、マット値です!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home