Monday, May 15, 2006

Kanji 239 - 242

I've actually still been learning loads of kanji, but haven't had the time to update the blog - this stuff takes longer than you'd think... Besides I've had to use my work pc for work these last few days :-)

My vocab is still very poor, so my goal for the next 4 weeks is not so much learn every kanji and all its readings, but rather learn the applications of the kanji in question... I mean how often are kanji used on their own?? Fairly rare I've been finding out


免
メン
Exempt
まぬは・れる
to be exempted from, to be released from
e.g.
特免
とく・めん special exemption
免許
めん・きょ license, permit

値
チ
Value
ね、あたい
price, value, cost, merit, worth
e.g.
高値
たか・ね high price
値上げ
ね・あ・げ price hike

対
タイ、ツイ
Opposite, oppose
e.g.
対辺
たい・へん opposite side
対談
たい・だん talk, interview

察
サツ
Inspect, guess
e.g.
警察
けい・さつ police. police station
察する
さ・っする to guess, judge

I'll update with examples once I've got some more free time...

2 Comments:

At 9:26 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

免れる) まぬが・れる not まぬは・れる
責任を免れる。せき・にん・を・まぬが・れる

値 price・・・ Matt price?!

 
At 1:12 pm , Blogger Matt Price said...

はい、マット値です!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home